Calicocean Breeder's Association
Why Raise Homesteading Hogs?
Top Ten Reasons:
- Local food security for your family and community.
- Healthier, nutritious foods, rich in readily soluble vitamins.
- Piglets are cute and fun.
- Food efficient hogs require less commercial food to raise - more pig less feed.
- Helpful hogs root up stumps, till soil, naturally devours undesirable plants, improves soil nutrients.
- Staying home more lately? Raising pigs is not just a fun hobby but can supplement income while reducing your retail grocery costs.
- Convert your excess garden scraps into nutritious food.
- Help keep predators away from your pets, poultry and other animals.
- A fun family experience for learning at home.
- Bacon... in moderation.